"Server Error: Please try again in 30 seconds"

Ronny Li

Oct 13, 2021, 1:40:41 PM10/13/21
to Google App Engine
Hi,

If we hit our Flexible environment service with a relatively low concurrency level, we get this returned more often than not:

Error: Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds.

Most of the time, a retry will fix the problem. However, this is very worrying behavior since we haven't even launched our product yet.

Is there a way to get the cause of the above page being returned, whether it be via the logs or otherwise? I have seen elsewhere that we might need to adjust our load balancer. How would I go about doing that?

Thank you,
Ronny

Ronny Li

Oct 15, 2021, 1:59:57 AM10/15/21
to Google App Engine

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 4.55.39 PM.png

Here you can see that the vast majority of requests are returning Server 5XX. Yet we know that re-trying the request will succeed so it doesn't appear to be an issue on our side (or maybe it is, in which case we'd love to know).