Email quota increase request

Michael David Pedersen

Nov 26, 2015, 1:23:36 PM11/26/15
to Google App Engine
Hello,

I submitted a request several weeks ago to increase my email quota from the default of 100. On the AppEngine console quota page, it shows the following message:

"Your request for increased email quota has been received and is currently under review."

I've seen other posts also reporting long delays for these requests to be dealt with, and the common solution seems to be to move to e.g. SendGrid. But I would really prefer to use the AppEngine platform for email if possible since this has already been implemented.

This is now blocking production release of the application. I would greatly appreciate if somebody from Google could give me some visibility on when I can expect the quota increase request to be processed? I can send the app IDs in a private message if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Michael

Adam

Nov 26, 2015, 4:26:44 PM11/26/15
to Google App Engine
Hi Michael,

I see you had opened a follow up request to our billing team about this, so I'll poke the support team to see if we can get this moving for you. We'll reply on the original case with any updates.

Thanks,

Adam
Cloud Platform Support

Michael David Pedersen

Nov 27, 2015, 3:45:58 AM11/27/15
to Google App Engine
Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back so quickly, I appreciate it. I look forward to the reply.

Cheers,
Michael

Jay Kyburz

Nov 30, 2015, 7:07:47 PM11/30/15
to Google App Engine
Hey Michael,

I'm in exactly the same situation. I have been waiting since the 4th of November and have been trying to get billing support to help.

Ali from billing support just told me that "the mail API is not fully supported any longer, therefore we ask that you try to work with third party solutions such as SendGrid[1] or MailGun[2] as a recommended workaround"

This is news to me.

It's nice that they are doing free advertising for SendGrid and MailGun, but If my quota is not increased soon I'll have to use one of my other app engine apps to send email for the new one. (My other main app is sending about 2k email a day.)

Adam, if you are still out there, I would love some help too!

Jay.

Michael David Pedersen

Dec 1, 2015, 3:57:02 AM12/1/15
to Google App Engine
Hello Jay,

Thanks for the info!

I hope that what you heard, i.e. that the mail API is not fully supported any longer, is a misunderstanding at some level or no longer true - in any case I look forward to getting an official reply from Google.

If this really is true, it happened without warning of any sort and without mention in the docs. This would be infuriating and totally unacceptable, and would severely damage trust in the AppEngine platform as a whole.

Cheers,
Michael

Michael David Pedersen

Dec 1, 2015, 1:11:52 PM12/1/15
to Google App Engine
Hello again - just an update to say that my quota request has now been approved. Better late than never!

Michael

Jay Kyburz

Dec 1, 2015, 4:51:20 PM12/1/15
to Google App Engine