Memcache problems (eu west)

Linus Larsen

Jul 28, 2017, 3:28:19 AM7/28/17
to Google App Engine
Lately I'm getting a lot of these (java, standard env):

com.google.appengine.api.memcache.MemcacheServiceApiHelper$RpcResponseHandler handleApiProxyException: Memcache putAll: Unknown exception setting 1 keys: Memcache is temporarily unavailable. (MemcacheServiceApiHelper.java:68)

I've seen this before however not as frequent, now it happens every minute but not on every request.

Is there any work going on or is something really broken with Memcache in Europe-west region?

Michael Steurer

Jul 28, 2017, 5:37:24 AM7/28/17
to Google App Engine
Hi Linus,
we have the same problem on a Go standard environment for two days now. It happens on some requests only but not all the time. We have bursts of a few hours, e.g. yesterday from 3pm to 9pm.

Best

  Michael

Linus Larsen

Jul 28, 2017, 6:08:41 AM7/28/17
to Google App Engine
Thank's Michael for confirming.

I guess then there is some infrastructure work going on.

/ Linus

Ruben Schwarz

Jul 28, 2017, 9:06:16 AM7/28/17
to Google App Engine
Same on our project.

Magically the error disappeared at ~8:30 UTC.

Any idea what's the cause of this problem?

Besuchen Sie unseren Chrome Webshop unter shop.cloudwuerdig.com

www.sotec.eu | www.cloudwuerdig.com
--
SOTEC Software Entwicklungs GmbH + Co Mikrocomputertechnik KG
Calwer Straße 11, D-75395 Ostelsheim

Der Inhalt dieser e-Mail ist ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser e-Mail oder dessen Vertreter sein sollten, so beachten Sie bitte, dass jede Form der Kenntnisnahme, Veröffentlichung, Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser e-Mail unzulässig ist. Wir bitten Sie, sich in diesem Fall mit dem Absender der e-Mail in Verbindung zu setzen.

The content of this e-mail is meant exclusively for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the person to whom this e-mail is addressed or his/her representative, please be informed, that any form of knowledge, publication, duplication or distribution of the content of this e-mail is inadmissible. We ask you, therefore, in such a case to please contact the sender of this e-mail.

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 28, 2017, 10:11:21 AM7/28/17
to Google App Engine
There was an issue with elevated error rate for Google App Engine Memcache service for European applications which has been resolved for all affected projects. We will conduct an internal investigation of this issue and make appropriate improvements to our systems to help prevent or minimize future recurrence.

Ashley Finney

Aug 2, 2017, 3:37:39 AM8/2/17
to Google App Engine
Hi,
I don't see an incident on this page https://status.cloud.google.com/summary
A partner of ours was experiencing this problem and were a bit in the dark about what was happening.
Is there another page which details live status problems?
Many thanks,
Ash.

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 2, 2017, 12:40:31 PM8/2/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello, as laid out in the Google Cloud Status Dashboard FAQ the issues might not be publicized to the dashboard if they affect a limited number of customers. The dashboard is the right place to check to see if a global issue is affecting the platform.