How to connect to Cloud SQL MySQL database from App Engine?

Message has been deleted

Elisha Lai

Jul 13, 2018, 11:18:32 AM7/13/18
to Google App Engine
I am currently deploying an open-source marketing application called Mautic to App Engine. Mautic is a PHP application built upon Symfony. However, I'm having trouble connecting my App Engine application to the Cloud SQL MySQL 2nd Generation database using MySQLi method. I have tried using /cloudsql/<instance_connection_name> as the host, but it's not working. Does anyone have any experience deploying Mautic on App Engine or know how to address this problem?

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 13, 2018, 1:00:53 PM7/13/18
to Google App Engine
Hello Elisha,

You need to also add the Cloud SQL instance connection name, database, user, and password to the environment variables in app.yaml, and possibly grant access on the IAM & Admin Projects page in the Google Cloud Platform Console. These steps are described in detail on the "Using Cloud SQL for MySQL" documentation page. You may also consult the "Bitnami Mautic For Google Cloud Platform" page for specific information and examples of Mautic deployment.

This discussion group is oriented more towards general opinions, trends and issues of general nature touching the app engine. For coding and programming architecture, you may be better served in a forum such as stackoverflow, where experienced programmers are within reach and ready to help.