App Engine running Python 3.7 via Docker

Robin Kurtz

Aug 4, 2021, 6:59:16 PM8/4/21
to Google App Engine
Hello,

I have a simple application running on a App Engine Standard with the runtime set to python37. Locally, I am using Docker and python image from Google, but it seems like I cannot match the version.

Dockerfile

FROM gcr.io/google-appengine/python # Results in 3.6.8

ENV PIPENV_VENV_IN_PROJECT=/home/vmagent/app/.venv

RUN pip3 install pipenv==2018.11.26

app.yaml
service: name
runtime: python37

manual_scaling:
instances: 1

handlers:
- url: /.*
secure: always
redirect_http_response_code: 301
script: auto

Thanks!

NoCommandLine

Aug 5, 2021, 9:09:11 PM8/5/21
to Google App Engine
This Google Documentation, says

...... # Use -p python3 or -p python3.7 to select python version. ......

 ..... NoCommandLine ......
 https://nocommandline.com

A GUI for Google App Engine

Robin Kurtz

Aug 6, 2021, 8:51:59 AM8/6/21
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the note! We attempted to set the python version via the `-p` flag but it didn't work with `pip3`, we'll look further into this though

Thanks!

Robin Kurtz

(he/him) www.osedea.com