Can we store images and videos using Google Cloud nDB?

Bolt Reactor

Jul 7, 2021, 1:24:32 PM7/7/21
to Google App Engine
Dear Fellows,

We developed a project using nDB and webapp2.
Now we upgrade the project to REACT and Django using cloud NDB.

My technical team tried to use Cloud nDB for storing images and media files and
they say it is not possible. I myself sit with a big that how is it possible that
we are unable to store our media files on the Cloud Ndb.

In the past for nDB we used blob store to store the images or media flies.
Therefore, now I need help.

Kind regards,
Bolt.

David (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 8, 2021, 3:45:16 PM7/8/21
to Google App Engine

Hello,

Storing images is not preferable with scaling/performance and so it has been omitted for the database itself. With the migration from app engine ndb to cloud ndb, comes a move from using BlobStore to the use of Cloud Storage instead.