[BUG?] images.get_serving_url serving service doesn't resize images upwards at production

Kaan Soral

Nov 19, 2014, 4:12:49 PM11/19/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I was always under the impression that images were scaled upwards up to =s1600, I don't remember whether I ever verified it on the production, yet on the SDK it scales the images upwards
For example an 200x100 image becomes 1600x800 with =s1600 - which is great

On the other hand, =s1600-c converts an 200x100 image to become 800x800 (which is just stupid, yet predictable at least)
If =s1600-c works, =s1600 should too

Any ideas?
Were things always like this, or is this a recent change?

I guess I will modify things to manually scale images, but I really hate doing that, as manual calculations are usually off by 1px compared to the images serving calculations, blurs images

states the images service works up to 1600, therefore it seems very logical to demand this functionality/behaviour from google, is it covered by the SLA?