Getting Paramiko to work in order to use SFTP

Andreas Krohn

Jun 18, 2008, 9:48:34 AM6/18/08
to Google App Engine
I need to use SFTP from within my Google App Engine app to put files
on remote servers. To do this I want to use Paramiko (acctually I want
to use http://commandline.org.uk/python/2008/may/29/sftp-python-really-simple-ssh/,
but that is built on Paramiko). I have tried to find examples on how
to get Paramiko running on GAE, but without luck and I am not having
any success in any of my attempts.

It should be doable since Paramiko is all Python and no C code. Have
anybody done this or can point to some example of how to get this
done?

Thanks
/Andreas

joh...@easypublisher.com

Jun 18, 2008, 10:47:45 AM6/18/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
You can't use the net directly (only through googles provided APIs
such as URLFetch) in GAE so it not possible sorry.
/Johan

--
Johan Carlsson
Colliberty Easy Publisher