java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: Attempt to access a blocked recipient without permission. (mapped-IPv4)

FrEaKmAn

Oct 29, 2015, 5:02:01 PM10/29/15
to Google App Engine
Hi all

I'm using RabbitMQ Java client to connect to external server. I'm getting the following exception

java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: Attempt to access a blocked recipient without permission. (mapped-IPv4)
 at com
.google.appengine.api.socket.SocketApiHelper.translateError(SocketApiHelper.java:108)
 at com
.google.appengine.api.socket.SocketApiHelper.translateError(SocketApiHelper.java:119)
 at com
.google.appengine.api.socket.SocketApiHelper.makeSyncCall(SocketApiHelper.java:85)
 at com
.google.appengine.api.socket.AppEngineSocketImpl.connectSocket(AppEngineSocketImpl.java:421)
 at com
.google.appengine.api.socket.AppEngineSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AppEngineSocketImpl.java:372)
 at com
.google.appengine.api.socket.AppEngineSocketImpl.connect(AppEngineSocketImpl.java:352)
 at java
.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:612)
 at com
.rabbitmq.client.impl.FrameHandlerFactory.create(FrameHandlerFactory.java:32)
 at com
.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:619)
 at com
.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:648)

Any ideas what this is happening? Should I enable something extra?

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 30, 2015, 9:27:22 AM10/30/15
to Google App Engine
Hey FrEaKmAn,

Google Groups isn't the best place to post specific technical issues, as this forum is meant more for general discussion of the platform and services.

If you would like help with a technical issue on your end, you should post to stackoverflow [1] or serverfault [2].

If you believe you've identified and can reproduce an issue with the platform itself (behaviour is different from documentation or error occurs during normal use), then you should proceed to open a public issue tracker [3] issue with enough detail to reproduce the issue on our side, or if possible, an attached app that can be used to directly observe the behaviour.

Your issue report contains not quite enough information to determine what is happening, even in the event that you did post it to one of those other locations, so I suggest adding more detail before doing so:

* what connection code is responsible for triggering this stacktrace in your program? (You didn't post the full stacktrace)
* are there any special properties of the server you're connecting to?
* are there any other logs or information which is relevant?
* what's a brief description and history of what you've attempted in terms of fixing this?
* what kind of timeframe does this issue cover? has it always happened? just started? only during high load? etc.

If you would like to open a thread in this forum discussing the platform or services in more broad terms, starting a discussion that would be useful for other users to join in to, feel free to do so.

Have a great day!

FrEaKmAn

Oct 31, 2015, 8:58:55 AM10/31/15
to Google App Engine
Hello Nick

I solved the problem. It was incorrect configuration (it was connecting to 127.0.0.1 instead of the correct production IP).

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 2, 2015, 2:14:09 PM11/2/15
to Google App Engine
Ah, well that would be the problem then ;) Best of luck with your development!

Big Query

Feb 26, 2016, 5:39:30 PM2/26/16
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
HI FrEaKmAn,

Please may you help on , how you configure the correct production IP?

Thanks
Manish

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Feb 29, 2016, 2:07:03 PM2/29/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Hemanth,

It will depend on what you are attempting to connect to. It appears that FrEaKmAn was connecting to a local database while developing (127.0.0.1) and then attempted to deploy but still deployed code which tried to reach "127.0.0.1" which fails in the production network for obvious reasons.