Is BlobStoreService down?

Hussein Vastani

Feb 13, 2015, 9:49:47 PM2/13/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I have a java app engine application thats under development, currently running on v 1.9.17.

Since this afternoon (Fri Feb 13, 2015), any attempts to download blobs with a blobKey (as described in the docs) is returning with a HTTP 500 error, with the headers saying Google Frontend error. I can see the handler getting called in java to process the download request, but it goes kaput after blobStoreService takes over (serve blobKey method).

I can upload videos just fine, but downloads using a blobKey, and the blobStoreService.serve() method product HTTP 500 errors.

The app has been working just fine until today. I've tried switching to a GCS bucket, but to no avail.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hussein Vastani

Feb 13, 2015, 11:44:42 PM2/13/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, my bad. I was setting the handler's http response status to 204, which seemed to be messing up blobstore service. Setting the handler's response status to 200 fixes blobstore downloads.