Compute engine - Not able to run startup script

Rohith Kodiyath

Jun 14, 2022, 5:26:42 PM6/14/22
to Google App Engine
I am not able to run startup script . Getting the following error

`
systemd[1]: google-startup-scripts.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
systemd[1]: google-startup-scripts.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'
systemd[1]: Failed to start Google Compute Engine Startup Scripts.

`
and my startup script

`
#! /bin/bash
apt-get remove --auto-remove sshguard
apt-get purge --auto-remove sshguard

`
Instance Image : ubuntu-1804-bionic-v20190722a
Am I doing something wrong ?. Added the startup script in the metadata and restarted the instance.
Note: I am not able to run browser SSH due to some issue. To debug the issue I am trying to disable the 'sshguard' service in the instance

Thanks