Google Maps API – map of the cities according to the “color” of the electricity tariff

moondance

Apr 21, 2012, 5:59:32 AM4/21/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I need your help for a course project for a Mash up. I started learning about APIs a couple of weeks ago and I can’t figure out how to solve my task. I have to use Google Maps API to visualize cities with two types of electricity tariffs (green – electricity from renewables and grey – conventional electricity). Here are the task requirements:

1.      I have a Google Spreadsheet with several cities with the electricity tariffs and type of power source. I have to add geolocation – longitude and latitude from Google Maps using XPath. I don’t know how to do that. Then I must export the file as .csv and convert it into JSON using Google App Engine. I don’t know how to make the conversion part.

2.      Connect the JSON feed with javascript so that it is displayed in Google Maps and set two colors for the tariffs. No idea how to do that.

3.      Create an HTML form with a text field and a button. Input is the JSON feed. This feed is displayed directly in the text area when you enter a name from the Spreadsheet and press the button. I don’t know how to make a tag that indicates the input and displays the rest of the info in the text field.

This is the Google Spreadsheet that I have to use:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asil0DWxurH8dDYwSE9YSlVjUnNseUN2eG5aYVRUTnc#gid=0

I must be ready by Tuesday next week. I will be very grateful if you could help out with this!

Jeff Schnitzer

Apr 22, 2012, 12:24:26 PM4/22/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
This group heavily frowns on doing your homework assignments for you.

If you have specific questions, you should ask them. Otherwise this
looks like cheating.

Jeff