Not able to list images in GCR

rav-loop austin

Nov 8, 2021, 2:46:55 PM11/8/21
to Google App Engine
Hi,
raviatloop@cloudshell:~ ()$ gcloud container images list --repository=gcr.io/projectid/repo-name/2.0
Listed 0 items.
raviatloop@cloudshell:~ ()$

I am not able to list the images from cloud shell even there are around 5 images exits in the gcr.io/projectid/repo-name/2.0

Thanks for the help.

Darrell (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 9, 2021, 2:14:06 PM11/9/21
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I understand that you want to list list the images from cloud shell and you have 5 images. You are correct that you can list the existing images with the "gcloud container images list --repository=<REPO>" command[1]. However, I think you should omit the "2.0" from the "repository" flag as I believe that "gcr.io/projectid/repo-name/2.0" is the image name.
$ gcloud container images list --repository gcr.io/projectid/repo-name

However, if you are looking to list the tags and digests for the "2.0" image, you can use the "gcloud container images list-tags" command[2].
$ gcloud container images list-tags gcr.io/projectid/repo-name/2.0

I hope you'll find information provided above useful.

Sebastian Anton

May 13, 2022, 11:29:49 AM5/13/22
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I have a similar issue in gougle cloud shell if I do:

gcloud container images list --repository=eu.gcr.io/repo-domain

it lists all repos in the domain but if I then try to list the images in one specific repo like this:

gcloud container images list --repository=eu.gcr.io/repo-domain/some-repo

I always get "Listed 0 items."

Even though I can see that there are images in the repo in the WebGUI

What am I missing here?

Br
Sebastian