Intermittent “500 Server Error” on “/_ah/openid_verify” using AppEngine Federated / OpenID login

Graeme Pyle

Jun 10, 2013, 9:12:56 AM6/10/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I am getting this error about 20% of the time. I've dumped and compared traffic on successful and failed requests and there is no noticeable difference:

There's nothing in the AppEngine logs or dashboard, and also no way to catch exceptions on requests that hit "/_ah" URLs. I've attached a script that tries the login every 5 minutes, as well as the traffic dumps for successful and failed requests.

I would really appreciate it if someone from Google could take a look at this. The error definitely occurs deep in the bowls of the AppEngine OpenID implementation and there is no way for an outsider to see such errors.

Thanks, Graeme

test.sh
success.dump
error.dump