Cron job not running on HTTPS

Akash Patni

Feb 22, 2016, 4:51:55 AM2/22/16
to Google App Engine
Hi all,

I am working on django project which is deployed on Google app engine. Currently I have enabled the functionality of forced redirection over SSL on website. After enabling forced redirection of website over SSL cron jobs are getting failed. Cron jobs are running fine over HTTP. Does anyone have clue over this issue.Thanks in advance

Zeehad (Cloud Platform Support)

Feb 24, 2016, 10:18:46 AM2/24/16
to Google App Engine
Hello Akash,

Cron jobs are triggered by the App Engine Cron Service over HTTP. If you're forcing HTTPS redirection, consider adding another handler just for the Cron jobs without any redirection. Also, I recommend reading Securing URLs for cron.

I hope it helps. Cheers!