Activating Google Endpoints Version 1 urls

Aiisma Trust Ecosystem

Jun 17, 2019, 9:25:04 AM6/17/19
to Google App Engine
We had deployed multiple google endpoints v1 apis in google app engine project in 2015. We deployed them on multiple versions. Hence we would get url as http://[versionId]-dot-[projectId].appspot.com.
For eg:- for version "device"
http://device-dot-sample-app.appspot.com.

Our client would hit these apis . We want to activate this endpoint but with same custom url pattern <http://[versionId]-dot-[projectId].appspot.com> . We activated this version and redeployed in endpoints v2 but url created by Google Endpoints was <http://[projectId].appspot.com> on version "device". Google app engine when creates its own version , it deploys it as  http://[versionId]-dot-[projectId].appspot.com.But not for custom version . Kindly suggest a solution.

Harmit Rishi (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 27, 2019, 11:46:12 PM6/27/19
to Google App Engine
Hello,

Thank you for using Google Groups!

Before addressing your specific issue with Cloud Endpoints, you mentioned that you are now using Endpoints Frameworks version 2.0. In order to accurately assist with the issue you are encountering, would you be able to confirm if you were able to successfully follow the Migration to Cloud Endpoints Frameworks version 2.0 guide provided here? Confirming this will allow us to further isolate the issue to a product as you are also using Google App Engine.

Additionally, would you be able to further clarify your issue as well as what you meant by version "device"? My understanding is that you have a pre-exisiting GAE app that has the following URL " http://[versionId]-dot-[projectId].appspot.com". When you moved to using the Cloud Endpoints version 2.0, the URL provided to you was "http://[projectId].appspot.com" while your GAE application still uses "http://[versionId]-dot-[projectId].appspot.com". Would you be able to confirm if the issue you have encountered is that Cloud Endpoints is not using the same URL as your GAE application?

I look forward to hearing from you!