Backup task is not stopping for last two days

husayt

Aug 20, 2014, 8:26:28 AM8/20/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi we have an issue where the backup task keeps firing and never stops, until we purge the queue.

This is the task in question:
appengine-mrcontrol-157713723607233BF95B3-15045
2014/08/20 05:21:21
0:00:00 ago
2014/08/20 05:21:19
0:00:03 ago
POST /_ah/mapreduce/controller_callback/157713723607233BF95B31666 bytes

We have been using it for about a year without issues and now suddenly it is doing this.

Any ideas what could be causing this.
It is cron fired backup task (normal, NONmanaged) fired by cron every night. Usually runs for an hour , but these two days it never stopped

Ryan Huebsch

Aug 21, 2014, 1:43:59 AM8/21/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
This is usually an indication that the MapReduce used to perform the backup has gotten stuck. There should be an error located in the application logs (look under the "ah-builtin-python-bundle" version) that will help explain why the MapReduce got stuck. Pausing then purging the task queue is the best way to stop the job.

husayt

Aug 21, 2014, 5:17:12 PM8/21/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ryan I will try that.

By the way, is there any progress with enabling managed backup for selected namespaces?

It was few months ago we checked last. It would be great to finally be able to use that.

Bets,
Huseyn