Application facing 500 error for some users and content not loading for few users

Bharath Kumaar

Dec 17, 2015, 3:53:27 AM12/17/15
to Google App Engine
Hello Google team, Our application is throwing 500 for some users. When we checked for the cause, new instance is began creating for them. and this results in not loading contents for some users. Could you guys take a look into our application, id is live-adaptivecourse

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Dec 17, 2015, 1:25:07 PM12/17/15
to Google App Engine
Hey Barath,

This forum is meant for general discussion of the platform, services, and development patterns, higher-level architecture questions, etc. A specific technical issue should be solved by either purchasing a Support Package or going to a community forum such as Stack Overflow or the Public Issue Tracker. You should decide betweeen Stack Overflow (or Server Fault) and the Public Issue Trackers depending on the nature of the issue - do you believe the observed issue is likely due to your own error? That would be best solved on a Stack Exchange site. If you're reasonably sure the issue is happening due to something we need to fix on our end, a Public Issue Tracker is best.

HTTP 500 responses

In terms of your issue here, it's described very abstractly, which leads to problems in attempting to help. A 500 HTTP response can happen for numerous reasons, and very little information is given to explain why it might occur here. There are plenty of scenarios in which an error which is either yours or ours to fix could cause a 500 response, so some code, some logs, some stack traces, a more detailed description of the apparent cause of the error would all be valuable and necessary in reporting this issue, even if you had a Support Package.

Can we look into your code / logs?

Finally, to respond to your request to take a look into your application, I should clarify that we wouldn't be likely to do this, if only to protect your information security and privacy, even as much as we might like to be able to help you in that way. Community Support, which involves us monitoring various Stack Overflow and Server Fault tags, along with certain Public Issue Trackers, doesn't have the right to go into your application and just start changing things or looking into code, etc. In fact, neither do support agents who you'll work with when you register for a Support Package, generally.

What level of support is offered?

Even with a Support Package, maintenance and debugging of your application along with retrieving logs and source code are entirely up to you, the developer, while we offer a supporting role of giving high-level advice on numerous technical topics, analyzing information you share with us, triaging issues discovered in the platform to get them fixed by engineering, and other such supporting tasks, all with the goal of making sure that the platform itself is not a barrier to your development, rather than acting directly as consultants or developers on your application logic itself.

The specific level of support given at various levels of Support Packages (all users are "Bronze" by default) is described in the document "Technical Support Services Guidelines" (or TSSG). We can and do provide best-effort support which goes higher than what was mentioned, approaching more the role of someone who could just jump in to take a look at your code, but this is not guaranteed or subject to any clause of the TSSG.

Conclusion

So, I hope I've given enough information for you to make an informed choice about how to proceed in fixing your issue. I'd recommend starting with creating a Stack Overflow post which includes some of the information mentioned in the section "HTTP 500 responses" above. Feel free to post the link here once you create your question, and we'll be more likely to see the question and help out. Another reason you would want to post to one of those other locations is that there are larger communities of people willing and able to help.

Best of luck!

-- Nick