Channels: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'bb' of null

Bjorn Tipling

Jun 26, 2012, 5:16:55 PM6/26/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting unending JavaScript client errors for channels on app engine. I do not get these in the dev environment. I'm using the Go Appengine if that matters. Any idea of what I could be doing differently?

Bjorn Tipling

Jun 26, 2012, 6:43:27 PM6/26/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
My app frequently slows down due to channels and eventually I get the 'this page is taking a while to respond error' and this has been only happening since i added channels. I will take a closer look at what I am doing, but I think it is just channels doing this in the black box JavaScript code I load from appengine.

Nobody else is having this issue?

Bjorn Tipling

Jun 27, 2012, 7:36:42 AM6/27/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
OK so the issue was that I wasn't waiting long enough before reconnecting after a close event. I had left some debug code in place that only waited 100ms before attempting to reconnect.