[Unimportant] Old Python 2.7 Users: Anyway to shrink the local .rdbms / reduce it's size?

Kaan Soral

Jun 20, 2020, 2:36:51 PM6/20/20
to Google App Engine
Hi Old Python 2.7 App Engine users,

I have an unimportant question, maybe one of you figured it out

My db.rdbms on one project is 200mb's, on another 600mb's, they both spin up instantly locally, so it doesn't matter too much, but I decided to delete unimportant entries, reduce the db size, however it seems to never reduce in size (Deleted every entry in 2 large tables, before 215.1MB's, after 215.1MB's :/)

Any insight?

vioqueojeda

Jun 22, 2020, 11:26:43 AM6/22/20
to Google App Engine
Hi, Could you please elaborate further on which GCP database system are you using?

Kaan Soral

Jun 22, 2020, 12:08:24 PM6/22/20
to Google App Engine
Whatever system the old dev_appserver.py is using, I forgot the technology

Alex Martelli

Jun 22, 2020, 1:32:52 PM6/22/20
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 9:08 AM Kaan Soral <kaan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Whatever system the old dev_appserver.py is using, I forgot the technology

I think it's sqlite, in which case you may want to try (on a copy of your files) "vacuum". per https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7682503/how-to-shrink-sqlite-database , with an sqlite CLI like per https://sqlite.org/cli.html .

Alex

Kaan Soral

Jun 29, 2020, 10:28:44 AM6/29/20
to Google App Engine
Thank you so much Alex, dropped from 215 to 10 :)

Alex Martelli

Jun 29, 2020, 12:34:57 PM6/29/20
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Always glad to help!