Google App Engine Unstable

Isaac Meany

Dec 10, 2021, 11:20:48 AM12/10/21
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi, has anyone experienced downtimes and instability of their app engines web applications and endpoints, this Friday morning? I haven't had and issue since July 2nd 2019.

Elliott (Cloud Platform Support)

Dec 10, 2021, 2:00:25 PM12/10/21
to Google App Engine

Hello,

I understand that you would like to report downtime and instability in your App Engine application. Please note that you may follow all outages or infrastructure issues using the Google Cloud Dashboard[1]. Looking at it briefly, I am unable to find issues related to App Engine for Friday.

Google Groups is meant for general discussions and opinions about Google products. In this case, I would suggest reaching out to our regular support channel[2] to report instabilities related to your App Engine instance.

If you would like to report a general issue related to our products, I encourage you to use Google Issue Tracker[3], which we will investigate.

[1] https://status.cloud.google.com/

[2] https://cloud.google.com/support/docs

[3] https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/issue-trackers

Adam Meyer

Dec 10, 2021, 5:29:50 PM12/10/21
to Google App Engine
I'm experiencing issues with Google App Engine this morning too.  Requests are spinning for 5+ mins, then the next request goes through fine.  Please investigate.

Lluis Munoz Ladron de Guevara

Dec 13, 2021, 8:27:43 AM12/13/21
to Google App Engine
Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I would like to add to Elliott's message saying that some isolated issues might not report to the Status Dashboard if those only affect a limited number of users, more information about his can be found here

Additionally, I would like to reiterate what Elliott said, if you suspect that the root cause of an issue you are experiencing might be caused by an issue on our side please file a support case or report it using Google Issue Tracker

Hung Nguyen

Dec 14, 2021, 10:37:27 AM12/14/21
to Google App Engine
I got this problem on with my app  twice on Friday Dec10 too. And it's happening again now at this moment ( 10:20am,  Dec14).

Being a startup business, we can't afford buying a Google support plan yet. Is there anyway we can report the problem to the right team and have its investigated
or someone can point us to resources that we can investigate on our side if the root cause is potentially on our side?

We have never experienced this problem for our app.

Thanks!

-Hung

Isaac Meany

Dec 14, 2021, 10:51:23 AM12/14/21
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I pay support and have reported it today. I'll let you know their answer.

Lluis Munoz Ladron de Guevara

Dec 15, 2021, 4:37:10 AM12/15/21
to Google App Engine
Hello,

I would like to address Hung's question.

Currently there are a few ways you can look for help to solve an issue even if you don't have a support plan. Which one you use mainly depends on where you think the root cause of your issue is.

If you think the root cause is on our side we encourage you to report it using Google Issue Tracker. When creating one you will be presented with a template on some fields that will help us understand the issue. More information about this can be found here

On the other hand, if you think the root cause can be on your side, I would recommend using the Logs Explorer to check what error code you are getting.  Once you know the error code you can search for it in our documentation, which often explains what the root cause is and some guidelines on how to solve them.  However if you can't find a solution in our documentation or this is not detailed enough you can create a question in Stackoverflow.

Additionally, if you would like to discuss any GCP related matter with the community we encourage you to use Groups.