Datastore CPU Time included in general CPU Time

1 view

mba...@googlemail.com

Aug 7, 2009, 4:41:48 AM8/7/09
to Google App Engine
Hello everyone,

it seems like the used Datastore CPU Time is also counted against the
general CPU Time quota. At least that is my guess after watching my
CPU Time usage grow while using the remote API for datastore gets and
puts. Current example quota:

CPU Time: 19%, 1.20 of 6.50 CPU hours
Datastore CPU Time: 2%, 1.18 of 62.11 CPU hours

Is this correct? If that is the case, is there any reason for this? I
don't see why I have 62.11 Datastore CPU hours available, while I can
only use ~6.50 of them. And even that is not correct, because every
query requires a minimum amount of general CPU time.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marc

Nick Johnson (Google)

Aug 7, 2009, 4:47:26 AM8/7/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi mback2k,

That's correct. The reason for this is that only CPU time is a billed
quota - datastore CPU time is a non-billed quota, and there to provide
transparency, as well as to prevent accidental abuse.

By enabling billing, you can, of course, use a lot more than 6.5 CPU
hours a day.

-Nick Johnson
--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine

mba...@googlemail.com

Aug 7, 2009, 4:54:07 AM8/7/09
to Google App Engine
Thanks Nick, I guess I will have to do the data conversion on multiple
days then.

On Aug 7, 10:47 am, "Nick Johnson (Google)" <nick.john...@google.com>