How to get to know if Auto migration to Firestore in Datastore mode has been completed or not?

Hamid Raza

Jan 5, 2022, 6:58:26 AM1/5/22
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I got notified about three weeks ago that the auto migration from datastore to firestore (i.e. Firestore in Datastore mode) has been started for one of my projects.

How can I come to know that the process has been completed or not?

Thanks!

Elliott (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 5, 2022, 10:23:03 AM1/5/22
to Google App Engine

Hello,

According to step six of this document[1], you will know that your database has been migrated when the App Engine Quotas page starts to show Firestore usage instead of Cloud Datastore usage.

I hope this helps.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/datastore/docs/upgrade-to-firestore#6_migration_complete