“Uknown SID” error in Channel API Google App Engine - Python Client

Shikha kejariwal

Feb 21, 2014, 3:25:51 PM2/21/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Since Google App engine doesn't provide official python client api for Channel API, I followed this codehttps://bitbucket.org/lohre/gae_channel/src/8bd89615ac83?at=default .

Problem is I am getting "Unknown SID" error after 2-3 minutes or sometimes immediately. I also looked for the fix and found this Constant disconnects due to channels going stale for no reason .

However, proposed solution is for Javascript Client. Can someone please look at the code and guide me how can I get rid of this error . I guess closing the connection and restart would work (as suggested), but I am not able to do it either. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!

Vinny P

Feb 26, 2014, 1:09:23 PM2/26/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Shikha kejariwal <shikha.k...@gmail.co

However, proposed solution is for Javascript Client. Can someone please look at the code and guide me how can I get rid of this error . I guess closing the connection and restart would work (as suggested), but I am not able to do it either. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!

If you want to restart the channel, you can simply open up a new gae_channel.Client. Can you post the code you're currently using?

Lastly, is there a particular reason why you need to connect to the Channel API via Python? Channel is intended for rapidly-updating web pages, which is why only a JS client is available. If you need to connect two App Engine applications together, you can skip using channels and instead use periodic url fetches against endpoints, task queues, or even XMPP connections: https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/xmpp/

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com