Why is there a static/proxy.html used for certain requests?

Marc-Andre Bruneau

Jul 20, 2016, 11:49:07 AM7/20/16
to Google App Engine
Some requests, originating from IE11, seem to be go thru the cloud endpoint static proxy (project.appspot.com/_ah/api/static/proxy.html).

Why?

In some cases, these requests fail with the following error:

response: {
 status: 0
 statusText: No status text available
 body: {"error":{"code":-1,"message":"A network error occurred, and the request could not be completed."}}
}

Any help would be appreciated!

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 21, 2016, 7:58:43 PM7/21/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Marx-Andre,

We usually ask that users post issues like this to the Public Issue Tracker or Stack Overflow, but I'll be happy to help on this thread for now until we can better determine what's happening. Could you share some information about what client library you're using to connect? And if possible, could you share your app id to me by email (pay...@google.com)? I'll be glad to look into this.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 12, 2016, 2:26:15 PM8/12/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Marc-Andre,

I believe we've managed to determine a little better what's going on. The gapi client library uses static/proxy.html for cross domain requests. As for the errors you're seeing, it would seem the JS client is failing to make calls due to network errors. So, the proxy requests are working correctly, but the errors are likely due to network problems for the clients.

I hope this helps to track things down further. Let me know if you have any more questions!