Run App Engine standard environment with NodeJs

Azeem Haider

May 10, 2019, 7:51:25 AM5/10/19
to Google App Engine

I'm going to develop nodeJS application in App Engine Standard Biggest problem I'm facing it how I run app engine standard environment locally?

I already worked in app engine standard locally with java development. We run the app egnine like mvn appengine:run and able to use datastore and Task queues etc.

How can I use datastore and task queues locally in nodeJS?
In NodeJs Docs Samples they are using cloud datastore not the local one.

Is it possible to use datastore and task queues locally in nodeJS like JAVA? If it is possible then how I can use it and Document or tutorial?

Jason Collins

May 10, 2019, 3:09:58 PM5/10/19
to Google App Engine
For GAE Std nodejs8/nodejs10, datastore and task queues are only available via Cloud Datastore [1] and Cloud Tasks [2].

Gregory Block

May 19, 2019, 11:36:25 AM5/19/19
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
There's a Cloud Datastore emulator you can connect to locally, but there's no emulator for Cloud Tasks.  `gcloud beta emulators` supports bigtable, firestore, datastore, and pubsub.

File a feature request for an emulator so that you can do that work locally; I'm sure many people would find that feature useful.