Question about standard app engine with Python runtime migration from 2.7 to 3.7?

Mapperkids

Jan 17, 2020, 9:35:31 AM1/17/20
to Google App Engine
Hi,

We are running a standard app engine using the Python 2.7 runtime and would like to migrate into Python 3.7 by changed our existing yaml file, but I got errors on the "Threadsafe:" and "skip_files:" parameters when trying to buid/deploy.

Please take a look our existing yaml file below and see what I have to change in order to make it working again?

Thanks in advance.

===========================

service: my-app
runtime: python27
api_version: 1
threadsafe: true

skip_files:
- ^(.*/)?\..*$
- node_modules/
- coverage/
- src/
- e2e/

handlers:

- url: /
  static_files: locale-switcher/index.html
  upload: locale-switcher/index.html
  secure: always

- url: /logo-stacked.png
  static_files: locale-switcher/logo-stacked.png
  upload: locale-switcher/logo-stacked.png
  secure: always

# general /en-CA etc, but nothing deeper
- url: /([^./]*)$
  static_files: dist/\1/index.html
  upload: dist/(.*)/index\.html
  secure: always

# any url in the folder that doesn't have an extension
- url: /([^./]*)/([^.]*)$
  static_files: dist/\1/index.html
  upload: dist/(.*)/index\.html
  secure: always

# any assets
- url: /
  static_dir: dist
  secure: always

Thanks in advance!

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 21, 2020, 9:10:51 AM1/21/20
to Google App Engine
In the app.yaml configuration file of a Python 3 application, "threadsafe" field is deprecated. All applications are presumed to be threadsafe. You may find related details in the "Updating app.yaml" sub-chapter of the "Preparing configuration files for the Python 3 runtime" documentation page.

You did not mention what "skip_files:" related errors you are faced with.

All this is above the scope of this discussion group, in fact off-topic. You should post such questions to StackOverflow, or other similar forums. This forum is meant for general discussion on the platform and its services. By contrast, in StackOverflow, you get in contact with experienced programmers, who are happy to help.