The conversion API is dead. Long live Ultradox

Daniel Florey

Oct 24, 2012, 2:05:03 PM10/24/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
as the conversion API is about to retire I wanted to let you know that we have created a new app (as part of the Google Apps Developer Challenge) running on App Engine that we now successfully use as a replacement for our invoice generation etc.
It is a full-feature document generation and automation service running in the cloud and leveraging many high-level Google services like Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Cloud Print etc.
You can create document from simple yet powerful templates (we support both Google Docs and LibreOffice documents as templates).
The document generation can be easily triggered from you app by using Ultradox as a REST service. You can pass simple variables to be replaced as URL parameters or you can pass complex objects in JSON format.
Our simple template language supports conditions, loops, different rendering options.
Check it out at
Documentation can be found here. Of course it's incomplete ;-)
Feedback is very welcome+have fun!
Daniel