Cannot view log-based metrics in stackdriver - missing resource type

Diego Marchi

Feb 13, 2019, 2:51:53 AM2/13/19
to Google App Engine
Hi,
I am trying to create a log based metric on my instance of GAE. I create the filter on the logs and try to visualize the metric I created but, in the stackdriver screen, I do not see any data points. When prompted to select a resource type, none is loaded, therefore I believe I cannot see the data points.

The query is the following - you can see the resource.type is in it:
resource.type="gae_app" logName="projects/<hidden_Content>/logs/appengine.googleapis.com%2Frequest_log" ("company: abra:cadabra" AND "/task/capture/sf~")

And this is what I see on Stackdriver, when I try to visualize the log-metric:

123.png

The funny thing is that I created a metric with somewhat similar parameters before this and it worked like a charm. This is the one:
resource.type="gae_app" resource.labels.module_id="default" resource.labels.version_id="live" logName="projects/hidden/logs/appengine.googleapis.com%2Frequest_log" "REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED"

What am I missing?

Diego Marchi

Feb 13, 2019, 11:47:53 PM2/13/19
to Google App Engine
ah I left the logs undisturbed overnight and tada, they appeared this morning! They were just shy and needed to load I presume..