Where is the APIs & auth menu?

Cynthia Lockley

Jul 23, 2021, 6:31:23 PM7/23/21
to Google App Engine
I asked the developer where I get an API key for Easy Google Fonts. The developer responded with:

'you would need to ensure that the Webfonts developer api is enabled for your api key or create a new key. Here’s how to get your Google API Key by creating a new key:

  • Visit the Google APIs Console.
  • Create a new project.
  • Select APIs Under the APIs & auth menu.
  • Turn on Web Fonts Developer API.
  • Select Credentials under the APIs & auth menu.
  • Create a new browser key and leave the referrer box empty.
  • Once you have an API key, you can enter it in the Google Fonts API Key text field on the “Advanced” settings page.
  • Once you have entered a valid Google API key this plugin will automatically update itself with the latest fonts from google.
After I created a new project, I don't see an API & auth menu. Where is that?

NoCommandLine

Jul 24, 2021, 3:34:38 PM7/24/21
to Google App Engine

API_Menu_Item.png

1) Click on APIs & Services
2) Select Library
3) Search for the API

 ..... NoCommandLine ......
 https://nocommandline.com

A GUI for Google App Engine

wesley chun

Jul 26, 2021, 5:05:40 PM7/26/21
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
This thread isn't directly related to App Engine unless you're using Google APIs from a GAE app, but if you find yourself needing to access the API manager often, a shortcut link to go there directly is console.developers.google.com ... once there, you'll get access to its 3 main pages:
  1. Dashboard -- your project's API usage, traffic, enabled APIs list
  2. Library -- where to search for and en-/disable APIs, and
  3. Credentials -- where you can create API keys, OAuth client IDs, or service acct credentials
"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    wesley chun :: @wescpy :: Software Architect & Engineer
    Developer Advocate at Google Cloud by day; at night...
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com
    Python blog: http://wescpy.blogspot.com