Error: Cannot sign data without `client_email`.

Maha Farhat

May 17, 2022, 10:25:09 AM5/17/22
to Google App Engine
I am running GAE Flexible environment that is set up to use the default service account which has the Editor Role.

Since last week I have started facing the below issue when connecting to GCS from GAE which results in the failure of the running process.

Error: Cannot sign data without `client_email`.

How do I fix this? What permissions do I need to provide to my GAE service account?

Ernesto Contreras Pinon

May 18, 2022, 1:33:18 PM5/18/22
to Google App Engine

You can review the relevant roles for Cloud Storage that allow you to download/upload/manage objects and buckets here. Did your application start showing this error without any change in the configuration? Also, which language and client library are you using to access Cloud Storage?