App engine sub domain SSL not working

Alexander Crosson

Sep 16, 2021, 10:46:04 AM9/16/21
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I'm trying to get my app to run on app engine with subdomains for the frontend and backend services. I'm able to get my apps to run at their app spot URL https://dev-api-dot-<project-name>.ue.r.appspot.com , but when i try hitting https://dev.api.<domain>.com I get "This site can’t provide a secure connection", meaning the SSL cert handshake doesn't pass. Can someone please suggest how to fix this? I've search all over the internet but cannot find a solution.

Here is the dispatch.yaml file
dispatch:
- url: "dev.app.<domain>.com/*"
  service: dev-app
- url: "dev.api.<domain>.com/*"
  service: dev-api
- url: "*/.*"
  service: default

Here is the dev-api.yaml:
service: dev-api
runtime: nodejs16

inbound_services:
- warmup
automatic_scaling:
max_instances: 1
resources:
cpu: 1
memory_gb: 0.5
disk_size_gb: 10
handlers:
- url: /.*
secure: always
redirect_http_response_code: 301
script: auto

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 3.32.22 PM.png

Adam Jack

Sep 16, 2021, 10:22:33 PM9/16/21
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I'm no expert, but I did find instructions on how to set it up [I forget where] but I think you (at least) need to go here (after DNS is set up) and see the "SSL security"

... mine says "Google-managed, auto-renewing".

regards

Adam

Responserack
- incidents happen, response is crafted...

Adam Jack

Sep 16, 2021, 11:41:07 PM9/16/21
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hmmmm, sorry ... looking closer, your screenshot is the screen I was showing you.

The more I poke about the more I see the same stuff you are showing.

That said, I don't have the wildcard pattern you seem to have at the end of the dispatch.yaml. I have nothing for the default service.

Sorry I couldn't help.

regards

Adam