Executing mapreduce slows down queries to datastore

José Antonio

Sep 16, 2013, 12:07:46 PM9/16/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, albe...@autobar.es
Hello,
When executing a mapreduce against Google App Engine Datastore, the queries for rest of my application slow down significantly .
Do I need to include any special option in mapreduce python sentence to avoid this.

Thank you very much in advance,

J.Antonio Gómez

Vinny P

Sep 24, 2013, 11:54:55 PM9/24/13
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM, José Antonio <josea...@gmail.com> wrote:
When executing a mapreduce against Google App Engine Datastore, the queries for rest of my application slow down significantly .
Do I need to include any special option in mapreduce python sentence to avoid this.

There's no special options, but you can space out datastore calls and rate limit your code. Do you have multithreading enabled in app.yaml?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com