Happy Birthday Google App Engine !!

Rajkumar Radhakrishnan

Apr 7, 2011, 12:17:32 AM4/7/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, google-appe...@googlegroups.com, google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It is now 3 years since Google App Engine was first released. Happy Birthday Google App Engine !!

A warm thanks to folks at Google, for continuing to make Google App Engine better and for your support in the developer groups and in other forums. Keep up the good work !!

For me, Google App Engine is like integration point for so many other Google Services.

I work on a online application builder over Google App Engine : iFreeTools Creator, which enables building customizable database apps, by defining entities and attributes.

iFreeTools Creator, over Google App Engine, enables integration with the following Google services..
* Google Contacts (import contacts to any custom database table having an email-id fields, after defining a field mapping and uploading of contacts).
* Google Docs (attach documents to any database record)
* Google Maps (mark and search records based on geographic locations)
* Google Apps (supports login using Google Apps user accounts, using Google App Engine's federated login feature, and mapping to sub-domain from Google Apps dashboard).

The application also uses the following Google services..
* Google Visualizations (table and chart views)
* Google Analytics
* Google AdSense
// hope, I did not miss some service.

Upcoming integrations / support :
* Google Calendar
* Gmail (from within gadgets)
* Android

Of course.. more integrations are possible from within GAE, given the extensive GData APIs available, but these are based on what the current users have requested from my app.

So, Google App Engine should be proud that it can enable developers to integrate-with and use so many other Google services, from within its service. Thank you once again.

Thanks & Regards,
R.Rajkumar

Kaan Soral

Apr 7, 2011, 3:31:59 PM4/7/11