Re: Channel API - Something I don't get messages even if I get "On Opened"

Aleksei Rovenski

Jun 6, 2012, 5:41:53 PM6/6/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This looks like this one:
I don't see it happen a lot though...

The only way I can suggest is to start a timer and if your app doesn't receive any messages in certain period, then try another channel, but it seems you are doing it already...

cheers,
Aleksei

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:07:02 AM UTC+3, Tal Shumski wrote:
Hi everybody.

I'm using the Channel API a quiet long time. I have one but critical problem that I can't solve.

I have an iPhone app that using webview with the JS on the background. It works very well.
I put an alert("on opened") in the onOpened function. Sometimes after I get an "on opened" message, I can't get actual messages (on message).
I double checked everything - valid token, client id etc'.
The interesting thing is that after I re-open the app (including get from the server and load the JS again) it might work.

After error 400 - I have succeeded to reconnect to the channel with socket.close().
After error 401 - I have succeeded to get new valid token and reconnect.
after these 2 errors recovery I get messages - the problem is not with these error (i think)

Hope that someone will give me an ideas.

BR,
Tal

Tal Shumski

Jun 7, 2012, 5:30:18 AM6/7/12