Anyone else noticing latency issues on App Engine Standard right now?

Will Reiher

Jan 4, 2022, 2:03:34 PM1/4/22
to Google App Engine
I'm seeing some intermittent latency issues - some requests are taking many seconds.

No code changes in a while. I don't see anything on the cloud status dashboard. I'm in us-central on a legacy Python 2.7 app. My users / employees all over the country have commented that they're experiencing very slow page loads.

Will Reiher

Jan 4, 2022, 2:06:49 PM1/4/22
to Google App Engine
I'll add that I'm seeing it on both dynamic and static requests.

Elliott (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 4, 2022, 4:37:18 PM1/4/22
to Google App Engine
Hello Will,

I understand that you are experiencing slowness in your legacy application and you would like to know what is going on. You’ve already looked at the dashboard[1] to see if there is a common issue but you see none. Maybe this is because your issue is too new.

In this case, I understand that you may either want to report a common issue for all users of Google Cloud Platform or an issue with your project.

Google Groups is meant for general discussions about Google products. In this case, I would recommend opening a Google Issue Tracker[2] from this list to report a common issue or if you would like to report an issue with your project specifically, I would suggest going through the regular support channel[3].

[1] https://status.cloud.google.com/
[2] https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/issue-trackers
[3] https://cloud.google.com/support/docs

Daniel Young

Jan 4, 2022, 6:15:56 PM1/4/22
to Google App Engine
I came here today to see if anyone else had experienced "slowness" or if it's an anomaly.  I too am running a legacy 2.7 python app.

Daniel Young

Jan 4, 2022, 6:48:07 PM1/4/22
to Google App Engine
@will this was also discussed this morning in the #app-engine slack channel on Google Cloud Slack

Will Reiher

Jan 4, 2022, 6:48:45 PM1/4/22
to Google App Engine
Elliot,

Thanks - sometimes it's helpful to post here to confirm with other users that we're seeing the same things. Perhaps another customer has found a work around etc... this is a great place for assessing the scope of an issue.

Daniel Young

Jan 4, 2022, 6:55:17 PM1/4/22
to Google App Engine
Slack___app-engine___Google_Cloud_Platform_Community.png

Will Reiher

Jan 4, 2022, 7:01:31 PM1/4/22
to Google App Engine
@dcole

Same page, loaded a few seconds apart. That first line is the dynamic response. It's not always this extreme but good example here.

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 4.00.02 PM.png

Will Reiher

Jan 4, 2022, 7:07:18 PM1/4/22
to Google App Engine
In case any one would like to star my issue:

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/213134259

Daniel Young

Jan 4, 2022, 7:09:58 PM1/4/22
to Google App Engine
I like this person in the slack am seeing similar in my logs,  static files in 3.0s.  I'll keep any eye out

X Shutter

Jan 5, 2022, 3:09:14 AM1/5/22
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Me second. here has the same latency issue.

X Shutter

Jan 5, 2022, 4:15:39 AM1/5/22
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
sorry. location: SG.

Alejandro L

Jan 5, 2022, 5:47:58 AM1/5/22
to Google App Engine
Hello,

Thank you all for your messages.

If you are facing this latency issue, please star or leave a comment in the Issue Tracker page that was created, so that the relevant team have more information of what could be happening. This is the best way for us to understand the magnitude of this issue, and any updates on this matter will first occur there.

As my colleague mentioned, the current status of all our services can be monitored from the status dashboard [1]. This is regularly updated, and any disruption that we are aware of will be included as soon as we can do a root cause analysis.

[1]: