Currently getting hundreds of 503 errors calling service from task queue

Rob Curtis

Jul 23, 2020, 9:17:25 AM7/23/20
to Google App Engine
Hi, I'm suddenly getting hundreds of 503 errors when call task handler in service.

Is anyone else experiencing this outage?

bFlood

Jul 23, 2020, 9:45:22 AM7/23/20
to Google App Engine
we are getting lots of 500 "Request was aborted after waiting too long to attempt to service your request" (10sec) errors in area of our code that has worked for years. Some are from the task queue. It started about a week and half ago. Its sporadic, I can't figure out the pattern

Alexis (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 23, 2020, 6:37:29 PM7/23/20
to Google App Engine
Hello Rob,

Without taking other factors into consideration, you may be affected by this[1] issue. It shows that App Engine is affected. It might be best to engage GCP support for a better answer. However, you can also follow the status of the issue here[2].

Hope this helps.