Made a mistake and update script cost a few thousand dollars. Any reprieve?

Rob Curtis

Jul 25, 2017, 12:49:52 AM7/25/17
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I was testing an update script for one of our applications. I didn't realise that that no daily limit was set on the test appengine project (why isn't there a default?!).
It was late, and there was a pretty serious bug in the script (it spawned up multiple tasks).I thought I shut down all the tasks, but clearly I hadn't. I returned on Monday morning, it was still running and now we have at least a $2000 bill (I assume it will be higher once billing screen catches up).
I realise it's completely our mistake, but is there any way we can get a reprieve or a discount on this bill?

Thanks
Rob

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 25, 2017, 10:02:20 AM7/25/17
to Google App Engine
Hello Rob,

Every user of the Google Cloud Platform has access to Billing and Payments support which you can find here. This is where you'll be able to get answers to this type of question.