What are the IP address ranges used by GAE for outgoing HTTP requests

Erwin Streur

Jun 24, 2010, 7:39:47 AM6/24/10
to Google App Engine
We have developed a application as a Google App, which does call backs
into our corporate domain for sending updates to the backend systems
using HTTP. Of course the corporate network is firework protected and
we have set rules to allow trafic based on the IP address ranges which
were used then.

A couple of weeks ago traffic failed, which was caused by the HTTP
requests coming from a different IP address range. The range was added
also to the firewall rules. Last week it happened again.

So my questions are:
- What are now the IP address ranges used GAE for outgoing HTTP
transfic?
- Is there a webpage listing them and which is kept up to date?

Regards,

Erwin

Barry Hunter

Jun 24, 2010, 2:10:50 PM6/24/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Apparently URLFetch will always make requests from these blocks:

$ dig _netblocks.google.com TXT

I dont know how often it changes, but just monitor that TXT record.

But those ranges are necessarily large, so of course will be allowing
access from other Google products.

Nick Johnson (Google)

Jun 28, 2010, 12:54:36 PM6/28/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erwin,

In addition to Barry's (correct) answer, you should be using SDC in order to get past your corporate firewall, rather than relying on IP ranges.

-Nick Johnson
--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: 368047
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: 368047