Choose Java 7 JRE to run App Engine Dev Server with Cloud Tools for Eclipse

Alex R via StackOverflow

May 17, 2017, 1:08:06 PM5/17/17
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I try to run my maven App Engine project using Google Cloud Tools for Eclipse. Using "Run As > App Engine" as suggested in the docs results in the project being run in a Java 8 runtime (same as Eclipse uses). App Engine only supports Java 7. The only execution environment in the Eclipse installation is a Java 7 JRE.

How can I make the Dev Server use the Java 7 JRE?

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/44030994/choose-java-7-jre-to-run-app-engine-dev-server-with-cloud-tools-for-eclipse