1.8 will graduate from beta soon

Steven Buss

Sep 15, 2017, 5:54:43 PM9/15/17
to google-appengine-go
It's been a bit since my last update and I have good news: The 1.8 beta has gone really well and we're in the final stretch. A huge number of you opted-in to the beta, so I know you're all eager for it to hit GA. I can't wait to start focusing 100% on getting 1.9 out :)

Alexander Trakhimenok

Oct 2, 2017, 6:24:13 AM10/2/17
to google-appengine-go
Hey Steven, is it going to happen this year? ;)

Or 1.8 => 2018, 1.9 => 2019, ...

Just joking, I am sure it’s gone be better once 1.8 goes live.

Steven Buss

Oct 2, 2017, 4:30:16 PM10/2/17
to Alexander Trakhimenok, google-appengine-go
:) Yes, definitely this year. 95% likely it'll be this month.

Steven Buss

Oct 19, 2017, 3:10:04 PM10/19/17
to google-appengine-go
FYI we have started the Go 1.8 GA rollout. It will complete within two weeks (likely less), depending on a few internal factors. During this time your app may start defaulting to Go 1.8 during a deploy, if it is running on a machine that has received the GA update.

If you experience any issues, please set `api_version: go1.6` in your app.yaml. This will pin your app to Go 1.6 until you have the opportunity to make your app fully compatible with 1.8.

Once the rollout has reached 100% we will issue an official announcement of general availability and provide an updated SDK which maps `api_version: go1` to Go 1.8 when running your app locally.

This email shouldn't be treated as an announcement of general availability, it is just to provide some extra transparency around our development of the Go runtime.