Rank for an score that does not exist

Neil Ghosh

Nov 7, 2014, 5:07:21 AM11/7/14
to google-app-en...@googlegroups.com
The ranker library returns null if the score we are looking the rank for does not exist yet. However in my case sometimes due to delay in processing the user asks for his rank immediately after doing set rank.

Can't an approximate rank be found temporarily based on the score requested for,  as we do know how many score are strictly above it ?

Bartholomew Furrow

Nov 7, 2014, 2:30:37 PM11/7/14
to google-app-en...@googlegroups.com

Hi Neil,

Could you please give example code or pseudocode? In Code Jam we retrieve your score from another datastore object and then ask the ranker "how many people have a score higher than this?" and it works fine. I wonder if the way you're using the ranker is different.

Bartholomew