Thanks for the great code.

Michael Robellard

Jun 29, 2010, 1:29:28 PM6/29/10
to Google App Engine Ranklist
This code has worked wonderfully out of the box for most of my needs.

What I am trying to figure out is if there is a safe way to delete
scores without corrupting the node lists. As an example I deleted two
test accounts from my production datastore and now I have 109 players
but the last player is ranked 111th. In the future if I want to delete
accounts (I.E. cheaters) I would like to be able to also have them
removed from the ranking.

Bartholomew Furrow

Jun 29, 2010, 2:02:23 PM6/29/10
to google-app-en...@googlegroups.com
I'm delighted to hear it!  We have no idea how many people are using the ranker code, so it's great to hear from somebody.  Out of curiosity, how did you find it?

SetScores({'Bill', None}) will delete Bill's score, though I'll admit that it took me a lot of searching to find.  You're welcome to send in a change to fix that!

Cheers,
Bartholomew

Michael Robellard

Jun 30, 2010, 10:53:14 AM6/30/10
to Google App Engine Ranklist
I found it on the list of Open Source App Engine Projects:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/web/google-app-engine-open-source-projects

That's exactly the information I needed.

If you want to see your code in action check out my game that is using
it:
http://apps.facebook.com/railroadempire

Thanks Again,
Mike