Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Google CurlIO client requires the CURL PHP extension'

Pratik Lahoti

Nov 7, 2013, 11:35:14 PM11/7/13
to google-api...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am making an app under Google App Engine using PHP SDK. I start the server by providing the path to php-cgi as well. Everything works well but when I attempted to use Google_Client API for authentication, it gave me the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Google CurlIO client requires the CURL PHP extension'

Google CurlIO is maybe called by Google_Client somewhere.

I also have the google-api-php-client library inside my project root directory.

Can anyone help me out with the error?

Edlira Dushku

Nov 10, 2013, 6:27:59 PM11/10/13
to google-api...@googlegroups.com
I think you should, replace some lines of your config.php file. Please check if you already have these values:
'authClass' => 'Google_OAuth2',
 'ioClass' => 'Google_HttpStreamIO',
 'cacheClass' => 'Google_MemcacheCache',

 // We need to configure fake values for memcache to work
 'ioMemCacheCache_host' => 'does_not_matter',
 'ioMemCacheCache_port' => '37337',

Pratik Lahoti

Nov 10, 2013, 9:25:48 PM11/10/13
to google-api...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Edlira! It works now!

Warm Regards,
Pratik Lahoti
User:BPositive

Oluwatofunmi Oguntibeju

Nov 20, 2013, 12:31:19 AM11/20/13
to google-api...@googlegroups.com
Hi, here is my solution and it works, get to line 38 of config.php found in <path_to_drive>\google-api-php-client\src and paste this

      // Which Authentication, Storage and HTTP IO classes to use.