Issues with Some Autogenerated People API Classes

Donald Lawton

Mar 17, 2021, 9:06:13 PM3/17/21
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
First off, thank you for rebuilding the Google Objective-C Client For Rest Library today.

I've identified some problems with the autogenerated classes for one of the new People API endpoints:

The GTLRPeopleService_BatchUpdateContactsRequest_Contacts & GTLRPeopleService_BatchUpdateContactsResponse_UpdateResult classes are empty, even though the API documentation specifies that they should contain fields for a "map of resource names to the person data to be updated" and a "map of resource names to the contacts that were updated," respectively.

The autogenerated source code in question lives here:
https://github.com/google/google-api-objectivec-client-for-rest/blob/master/Source/GeneratedServices/PeopleService/GTLRPeopleServiceObjects.h

Do you know what may be wrong?

Thank you for your attention to this matter,
Donald

thom...@google.com

Mar 18, 2021, 10:02:05 AM3/18/21
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C

thom...@google.com

Mar 18, 2021, 10:09:51 AM3/18/21
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
To be a little more specific, that object is the mapping, the keys/values are directly set within it.  There also is `- (void)setAdditionalProperty:(id)obj forName:(NSString *)name;` for building up these objects yourself.

Donald Lawton

Mar 18, 2021, 1:12:52 PM3/18/21
to google-api-obj...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the clarification.  This was the first time I encountered a GTLRObject without custom property accessors, so I was a little confused.  I'll go ahead and use "setAdditionalProperties" as you suggested.