How do I query for multiple MIME types in a single folder for Objective C?

aron nelson

Jul 18, 2019, 6:05:10 PM7/18/19
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
I have been able to list all files and folders in single folder.
I can search across all folders for a MIME type.

But how do I specify a single folder and multiple MIME types?
For example, all mp3, mp4, wav files AND child folders for a single folder???

What query would work for this?

Thanks

Thomas Van Lenten

Jul 19, 2019, 10:14:27 AM7/19/19
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
I'm guessing you are specifically interested in the Drive api?  Since this library generates source for 100+ service apis, we aren't always the best source for questions/info about individual apis, so you might want to look at the apis in questions docs for where to post questions (https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/support) they hopefully can steer you at the right api calls in their docs which you can then map back to the ObjC specific calls.

aron nelson

Jul 19, 2019, 12:42:31 PM7/19/19
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
Thanks! Actually just the string for the query would be good.
However, your post brings me to this.... where is Google developer support?
I asked on stack overflow and was shut down. Is there no direct contact or forum for developer help?
People ask me to support Android and Google products - NO WAY without developer support.

Thanks

Aron

Thomas Van Lenten

Jul 19, 2019, 1:26:29 PM7/19/19

On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 12:42:31 PM UTC-4, aron nelson wrote:
Thanks! Actually just the string for the query would be good.

Again, for Drive or something else?

However, your post brings me to this.... where is Google developer support?
I asked on stack overflow and was shut down. Is there no direct contact or forum for developer help?
People ask me to support Android and Google products - NO WAY without developer support.

We don't have one place to ask question about every possible google product, instead there are support areas for each product and then in the case of OSS projects, they also tend to have groups. This is the group for https://github.com/google/google-api-objectivec-client-for-rest/.  So as mentioned, your best bet it to use the use the docs on https://developers.google.com/ to find the API you are interested in, and they if you have questions, use the specific areas mentioned on that api's docs.

TVL

aron nelson

Jul 19, 2019, 2:16:01 PM7/19/19
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
I guess I am confused. I am using iOS, Objective C and the Google API client library for Objective C.
Is this not the correct place?
Here is the query I am talking about:

GTLRDriveQuery_FilesList *query = [GTLRDriveQuery_FilesList query];

    query.q =[NSString stringWithFormat:@"'%@' in parents and trashed=false", @"root"];

It is the GTRDriveQuery_FilesList, is this the wrong forum to ask about this?
Again, where do I ask a question about the Google API client library for Objective C.
The Github link takes me to this forum.

Thanks

Thomas Van Lenten

Jul 19, 2019, 2:28:38 PM7/19/19

On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 2:16:01 PM UTC-4, aron nelson wrote:
I guess I am confused. I am using iOS, Objective C and the Google API client library for Objective C.
Is this not the correct place?

All your past messages didn't really provide much details, so it wasn't clear what you were asking.  The comment before:

Actually just the string for the query would be good.

Could be taken any number of ways - just wanting a query string to throw on an url yourself, etc.

Here is the query I am talking about:

GTLRDriveQuery_FilesList *query = [GTLRDriveQuery_FilesList query];

    query.q =[NSString stringWithFormat:@"'%@' in parents and trashed=false", @"root"];

It is the GTRDriveQuery_FilesList, is this the wrong forum to ask about this?
Again, where do I ask a question about the Google API client library for Objective C.
The Github link takes me to this forum.

Ok, now there's much more details so it is a bit clearer what you are asking.  But I'm sorry to say, my original answer is still the right one.  Since this library support 100+ apis, we're not experts on details of the args to every single one, and instead defer to the general server api docs and support areas when it comes to specifics about something.

So backtracing things:

So you can take the `Method: drive.files.list` part to the Drive api docs, specifically https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/reference/files/list.
Which does link out for more info on `q` to https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/search-files.

If you have additional questions about the `q` syntax; using https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/support is going to be your best bet as you're not asking something ObjC specific, but about the `q` param generally.

TVL

aron nelson

Jul 19, 2019, 4:17:50 PM7/19/19
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
First off, I really appreciate your replies.
Unfortunately, I started on those pages you linked. Posted on stack overflow, was told it really wasn't the place to post those questions. Was referred back to here.
I have looked at that syntax page and have tried the examples there and it gives a parameter error.
I'm just amazed that there is no direct place to post for help or even an email or place for developers to ask questions and get an answer.

Android/Drive API/Firebase
It's just a HUGE mass of technologies and unfortunately many of them like Fabric get rolled into Firebase and the documentation is old and out of date.
But, I totally appreciate the help.

Thomas Van Lenten