warning: duplicate definition of category 'Testing Support' on interface GTLRService

Steve Cronin

Jun 5, 2020, 9:46:37 PM6/5/20
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
Using CocoaPods - Podfille:

use_frameworks!

target 'BlahBlah' do

  platform :osx, '10.12'

  pod 'GTMAppAuth'

  pod 'GoogleAPIClientForREST/PeopleService'

end

In the appropriate class I have:

#import <GTMAppAuth/GTMAppAuth.h>

#import <GoogleAPIClientForREST/GTLRPeopleService.h>

on the second import line above I get:

Duplicate definition of category 'TestingSupport' on interface 'GTLRService'

1. In module 'GoogleAPIClientForREST' imported from /Users/steve/Documents/Projects/macOS/BlahBlah-Google/BlahBlahGoogleContactService.h:7:

How do I clear up this matter?

thom...@google.com

Jun 8, 2020, 11:53:38 AM6/8/20
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
Can you make a sample project to show this?  Or tweak one of the examples to get it?  I've tried adding "use_frameworks!" to the CalendarSample, but even with that things still seems to build (assuming I updated this correctly after the fact).

TVL

Steve Cronin

Jun 8, 2020, 3:39:22 PM6/8/20
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
In building a test project I uncovered an embedded class which had already imported these:

#import <GoogleAPIClientForREST/GTLRPeopleService.h>

#import <GTMAppAuth/GTMAppAuth.h>

Once I cleared that up I then ran into a similar 'duplicate' issue in GTMTVAuthoricationRequest.h

#ifndef GTMAPPAUTH_USER_IMPORTS

#import <AppAuth/AppAuth.h>    <<-- warning occurred here!

#else // GTMAPPAUTH_USER_IMPORTS

#import "AppAuth.h"

#endif // GTMAPPAUTH_USER_IMPORTS

I then added preprocessor macro (=1) for 'GTMAPPAUTH_USER_IMPORTS' which then cleared up the Xcode warnings...

So at this point I think I'm good.  Thanks for the slap on the head which led to the solution!