IOS mobile HTTP access to Google iot API, authentication and authorization issues.

Yi Yuan

Nov 21, 2019, 8:39:05 PM11/21/19
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
Hi:

 I am currently developing IOS mobile devices to read the JSON data of the Google IOT API, but I have encountered authorization verification, server token and other errors during development.

I am currently developing IOS mobile devices to read the JSON data of the Google IOT API, but I have encountered authorization verification, server token and other errors during development.
1, I follow the official REST documentation provided by Google and the browser access API, and the IOS side reads JSON, still wrong;

2, the related services and client keys are also bound on the GCP console platform;

1-3.png

3, also created the Compute Engine API virtual machine, but do not know how to access the final JSON data;

1-2.png

4, you can see this is the information about my console;

1-1.png

5, I want to know, IOS mobile access to the Google API, this OAuth2.0 certification must pass? Is it necessary to request any authorization from Google for any API? I don't have my own server domain name. How do I fill out an authorized domain name and pass it?

1-4.png

6, readers and Google api official supporters, can you give me a whole idea process, how can I get Google API and JSON;

Thanks!

Tori George

Jan 31, 2023, 11:55:17 AM1/31/23
to Google APIs Client Library for Objective-C
Hello, did you figure out the verification without a domain? I am having the same issue.

Matthew Becker

Jan 31, 2023, 12:52:58 PM1/31/23
to google-api-obj...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

So my iPhone app was email related and I was able to connect to google API to have a user login to their Gmail account but then a few years back google locked down security and did not allow third-party apps to connect to Gmail anymore, or at least the way I wanted to connect. So I had to move my app to use IMAP to get access to emails.

I wanted to look back into it again but haven't yet.

Matthew A. Becker
Cell: 239-340-1149