errorreporting, errors: breaking changes

Jaana Dogan

Sep 27, 2017, 7:42:57 PM9/27/17
to google-api-...@googlegroups.com
In an upcoming release of the cloud.google.com/go/errorreporting package, we are landing a redesign. In the new version, you will only be able to report the errors. We will remove panic handling and requesting you to report your panics by consuming the logs instead.

We are also planning to remove the deprecated cloud.google.com/go/errors package, please switch to cloud.google.com/go/errorreporting once we publish the new version.

Of course, you can also use your favorite package management tool (like dep) to pin your client to a specific version. We now regularly add semver tags to the cloud.google.com/go repo.