bigquery: breaking changes

Jonathan Amsterdam

Sep 27, 2017, 4:05:17 PM9/27/17
to google-api-...@googlegroups.com
We just tagged v0.14.0 of the cloud.google.com/go repo. It features several breaking changes to the BigQuery client. Most significantly, Standard SQL is now the default for all queries and views. As mentioned in the email we sent to this list two weeks ago, you can continue to work with Legacy SQL by setting UseLegacySQL to true for queries and views.

The other breaking changes are detailed in the News section of the README. The largest of these is the replacement of CreateTableOptions with a TableMetadata argument to Table.Create. See the second example at the Table.Create godoc entry for usage.

Of course, you can always delay the impact of these changes by using your favorite package management tool (like dep) to pin your client to an older version.